Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting Started

I set up my first blog when I accompanied Alabama music students to Europe on the Alabama Ambassadors of Music Tour in the summer of 2009. The idea was to keep parents and friends informed of our activities and adventures while away for almost three weeks. I abandoned the project when we found access to WiFi in Europe to be difficult to obtain and expensive. I will say, however, that I did rather enjoy the few postings I was able to make before we left, and I think the parents enjoyed reading them.

Lately, I have found myself becoming more interested in returning (beginning, really) to the blog process. It will likely be only for my own edification and clarification, as I am one of those personality types who solves problems and reasons through situations by "talking" it out.

This week finds me enjoying my last three days of summer vacation before returning to ASFA on Thursday for professional development. It promises to be an interesting year. We have a new executive director of the school, and the music department has a new full-time faculty member. We will have more music students than we have since my first two years at ASFA, and though we are short on space, I am looking forward to it.

It really feels as if I am entering what some would call a new 'season' in my life. The girls are both quite independent, and the house is often quiet. I miss them sometimes, but I am glad they are happy and busy and accomplishing things. Morrow's new job is still offering challenges and new opportunities, and he is enjoying it very much. I am involved in a ladies' Bible study that I enjoy, and I am continuing to grow and enjoy teaching our Sunday School class. If I had the extra money, I think this would be the time for me to pursue that doctorate. Hmmmm..

1 comment:

  1. A doctorate! Very interesting. I hope you decide to go for it.

    ReplyDelete